- To examine the concept of life transitions as it relates to older adults: Gerontology Assignment, LU, Canada
- SSH 301: Demonstrate an understanding of key aspects of research design for a qualitative project proposal: Research Design and Qualitative Methods Assignment, RU, Canada
- ECOM320: Describe the key factors that will define the future of e-commerce and Support your answer with an example for each factor: Office of the Registrar Assignment, AU, Canada
- ECOM320: Explain why supply chain management should be aligned with corporate strategy: Office of the Registrar Assignment, AU, Canada
- ECOM320: Mobile commerce sites and apps are gaining momentum in the digital economy and Companies are integrating and adopting: Office of the Registrar Assignment, AU, Canada
- Like many other great martial arts, taekwondo is a great practice performed all around the world which requires skill, dedication, and intelligence: English Assignment, YU, Canada
- Describe the market conditions as well as the target market in both countries: Global marketing Assignment, AU, Canada
- BLAW 3921: You have just finished your Law Degree specializing in Business and You have been hired by a busy employment law firm as an Associate: Employment Law Assignment, TRU, Canada
- How have smartphones changed the way people behave in public: Communication Assignment, CC, Canada
- ENVI 3138: When is a Preconstruction Meeting to occur? Provide the section number and section title: Environmental Auditing Assignment, CBU, Canada
- Find the approximate solutions of the following different equation up to 3rd order, where: Perturbation Method Assignment, WC, Canada
- You have recently opened your own Marketing Consulting Practice. Your first client has asked you to lunch and presented: Marketing Assignment, UC, Canada
- Ryan paid off his student loan in 4 years by making payments of $600 at the beginning of every month: Mathematics Assignment, UOA, Canada
- We’ve learned a lot about multiculturalism in Canada over the course and have enough information to make an informed conclusion: Multiculturism Assignment, LU, Canada
- ARW250: Look at the topic of Islamophobia in Canada and/or the United States as it relates to precise notions of racial and religious intolerance Academic Research and Writing Assignment, SC, Canada
- BECN 250: Compare the working of the Bank of Canada with the Bank of England, Federal Reserve System, and the European Central Bank: Money, Banking and Finance Assignment, HC, Canada
- You are required to complete a journal article critique based on an article in the list below: psychology Assignment, WU, Canada
- If your workplace currently has virtual communities of practice, please describe the barriers, enablers, or motivating factors: Education Assignment, UC, Canada
- CNUR 300: The student will apply course concepts through the completion of a family genogram and ecomap, based on the Calgary Family Assessment: Family Health Assignment, UOR, Canada
- It gives us pleasure to welcome you as a new or existing student in the School of Criminal Justice: Criminal Justice Assignment, UNISA, Canada
Use R to create a histogram, boxplot, and normal quantile-quantile plot for a sample data set, then choose an appropriate transformation: Introduction to Statistics Assignment, QU, Canada
|Queen's University (QU)
|Introduction to Statistics
1. Use R to create a histogram, boxplot, and normal quantile-quantile plot for a sample data set, then choose an appropriate transformation and plot a histogram, boxplot, and normal quantile-quantile plot of your transformed data values.
2. Use R’s t.test command to calculate a confidence interval for a population mean, then give a
proper interpretation of the interval.
3. Read parts of two journal articles and interpret two of the values given in the articles.
investigated nighttime bat activity for several species of bat. In one part of the study, the authors investigated a possible relationship between moonlight intensity and bat activity. They looked at several species, but here we’ll look only at the results for Pteronotus parnellii. Bat activity was recorded by automatic sensors on a number of nights. The counts for P. parnellii are given in the file s2040_W20_batcounts.
For this part of the assignment:
- Plot a histogram, boxplot, and normal quantile-quantile plot of the bat passes. Properly label the axes. Put all 3 plots on one page. Briefly comment on the shape of the distribution.
- Many statistical procedures require the assumption of a normally distributed population, and often this assumption is clearly violated. But sometimes we can find a transformation of the data that results in data that is approximately normal. Common transformations include the log (log(x)), or various power transformations such as the reciprocal ( 1x), square root (√x), or square (x2). We might consider more exotic options (e.g. x3.17 or log(x + 10)), but we usually stick with the more common ones when they work reasonably well. Sometimes the nature of the data suggests a certain transformation, and sometimes we use mathematical techniques to suggest one, but often we simply wing it a little, and try a few different ones and see if we can find one that results in our assumptions being satisfied.
For this part of the assignment, find a transformation that results in transformed bat counts that are approximately normally distributed. Try a few different ones – I think you can find a good one! Plot a histogram, boxplot, and normal quantile-quantile plot of the transformed values. Properly label your plots. Put all 3 plots on one page.
At Canada Assignment Help we are committed to delivering cheap assignment help on Introduction to Statistics Assignment. our experts work 24*7 hours to serve the best essay writing, coursework, dissertation writing, homework help, etc more service at the lowest price.